We had our first strawberries yesterday. I accidentally left a pot with one plant in in the greenhouse and a few strawberries have ripened. There are also a few growing in the new overgrown bed. As there were just a few we had them for breakfast. Hopefully there will be many more soon.
The strawberry bed that my friends cleared at Easter has in a few short months got overgrown again, but at the weekend I started clearing it. Last year there were potatoes in this space and I must have left some behind as they are growing madly, along with some rogue coriander that has already gone to seed. Next weekend I will finish it off and hopefully net it to protect the strawberries from the birds. I also need to weed and put some straw under my other strawberry plants.
I did manage to plant my cauliflowers, sow some beans in the greenhouse and transplant the corn. I managed to sow some lettuce, radishes and some more wonderful swiss chard as well in the bed behind the house. Some bits of the garden are getting sorted even if in much of it the weeds are thriving. As you can see from the photos my garden is not well ordered, it is chaotic, but it somehow works.
The pear trees in the pear garden are doing well though and it looks like we might get our first reasonable crop from them this year all things being well.