It might seem innocuous – just a wooden skewer someone threw on the ground on our campsite, one evening long ago in the summer, while having a BBQ.
Except it didn’t biodegrade and we didn’t see it hidden in the grass until Kainaat ran over it yesterday and it went straight through his paw – skewered.
I think it did hurt Kainaat – it went up through his pad and out of his toe. James had to pull it out.
Dropping litter hurts in often quite unexpected ways.
Please don’t leave rubbish – not on our campsite or anywhere else.