There’s a quick way and a slow way to make these burgers.
The quick way involves heating up some duck confit, toasting a bun, smearing over some mayonnaise adding the shredded duck, some pickles and lettuce and eating.
The long way involves a number of stages:
- Hatch out some pekin ducklings, wait for them to grow up and lay eggs. Incubate and hatch out these ducklings. Kill the ducks when they are 8 weeks or so.
- Make some duck confit (when you have finally saved up enough duck fat)
- Grow cucumbers, make pickles
- Grow lettuce
- Make some mayonnaise – this doesn’t take that long. I made duck egg mayonnaise as it seemed appropriate. Put an egg yolk in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Whisk and then gradually, and I mean very gradually add a slow trickle of rapeseed oil and keep whisking. Add a little olive oil to taste and season. you can also add a splash of lemon juice – I didn’t.
- Make the burger as above.
N.B. Iggy (Pop) still hasn’t popped but there is only a short window of time before I am off again – this time to Sarajevo.
N.B. These were amazingly lovely and quick to make ….. no really …..
N.B. Possible special for the food truck ??